New Bounce are a boy band who finished third in Series 5 of Britain's Got Talent. The members are Mitchell, Kuan, James and MJ, who were aged between 12 and 16 at the time of their audition.
In the audition, they initially performed 'Just The Way You Are', by Bruno Mars, however Amanda stopped the act due to a tuning issue. They were then asked to perform a second song, 'All My Life' by K-Ci and JoJo, which they performed acoustically. Amanda remarked 'you worked really, really well together, and you can sing', however Michael criticised the act, stating 'I'm just slightly concerned here that because they're unbelievably cute ... you're maybe making them better than they actually are'.
When deciding which acts to advance to the Semi-Finals, the Judges were unsure of which act should advance between them and girl group B Minor; both acts were asked to perform again. They performed 'Shine A Light' by McFly, and advanced through to the Semi-Finals as a result of their performance.
In the Semi-Finals, they performed 'Price Tag' by Jessie J, after which Simon remarked 'this is the first time in two days where I've seen something which I genuinely believe will actually be successful in the real world', with David describing the act as 'unbelievable'.
In the Final, they performed 'Ain't No Sunshine' by Bill Withers. Michael remarked 'you're actually really embarrassing me that I said no in the initial audition - you were sensational', with Amanda adding 'you sound fantastic together'. The group finished third in the public vote, behind singers Jai McDowall and Ronan Parke.
Before their Britain's Got Talent appearance the band met in the West End whilst working as the Young Michael Jacksons on the West End Show, Thriller Live at the Lyric Theatre on Shaftesbury Avenue, the show also briefly featured Shaheen Jafargholi, who had featured in Series 3 of Britain's Got Talent.
The group later were on tour as part of the Britain's Got Talent Live Tour. In 2011 James left the group in search of a solo career, he later got into talks with Atlantic Records.
Mitchell and MJ auditioned for the X Factor in 2015 as part of a Boyband named Tribe. They were mentored by Cheryl Cole and were eliminated during the six chair challenge.
- New Bounce are the highest placing act in Britain’s Got Talent history who received a “No” vote in the auditions from an judge (Michael Macintyre) finishing third overall.
- Out of all the Series 5 finalists them and Razy Gogonea gave the most performances in a single season with four performances respectively (Audition, second round act-off, semi final and final).
- They were the only group act to make the final in Series 5
- Like Julian Smith in Series 3 and Donchez Dacres in Series 12 they were the last act in the final to perform in their respective series and also finished third in the competition like the earlier two did. They also performed the same song Shaun Smith sung in the final of Series 3.
- According to the Sunday Mirror that was published the day after the Series 5 final, judge David Hasselhoff expressed his interest in mentoring the group after the show was over. However as of 2020, plans have failed to materialise.